“We are selling our house.”
“We are staying until it sells.”
“What do we do to get it ready? “
What’s the old saying? You only get one chance to make a first impression!
Many sellers live in their homes during the selling process. And let’s face it, we all know we tend to get used to things in and around our homes and pretty soon we no longer notice the weeds in the shrubbery or the rusted light fixture. Besides, we usually come in the garage or back door, right?
This is where your friendly staging consultant comes in! The ultimate goal is, of course, to sell the house. So, what are the steps you need to take? What things do you need to do to make it photograph well from the outside? Those all-important photos make up your 1st showing. These photos bring people to the front door.
Let’s start with that first impression. Here are some key questions to ask:
- Is the paint in good shape and clean? Yes, houses get dirty too.
- Are the rain gutters clear? No “gutter gardens!”
- Is the exterior light fixture in good shape? Is the light bulb pretty? Hint: florescent light bulbs are not pretty. Sparkling, clear glass bulbs are.
- Are the shrubs trimmed? Is the mulch in good shape?
- How about some potted plants or winter arrangements on the front stoop or porch?
- Does the porch have some inviting seating?
If all your answers are “Yes” you are on your way to a great first impression!
Your friendly staging consultant can give you some specific ideas to bring your buyers to your front door and all the way in to fall in love with your house!